Buyer - Engineering
Our client, a leading manufacturer based in Redditch, is looking to appoint a Buyer, reporting to the Production Engineering Manager this position will be the focal point for all raw material, sub-contract, capex and ad-hoc procurement.
Supplying goods to varied environments for industries including Aerospace, Defence, Oil and Gas this is an excellent opportunity to join a well established and well respected organisation in it's field.
The Buyer's duties will include:
• Timely procurement of raw material to meet production deadlines
• Negotiation with suppliers to get best commercial advantage for the
• Set up and run a system to analyse and performance manage the
• Investigate new channels of supply - improve price, delivery, quality,
• Liaise with Quality, conduct audits on existing/proposed suppliers
• Manage Approved Vendor Base
• Assist with sales function with compilation of customer RFQ’s
• Ensure compliance with customer requirements
• Support Production office where required
The ideal candidate will be CIPS qualified or working towards a Diploma in Procurement and Supply and will be familiar with metals in engineering. You will be computer literate, have experience of customer or supplier interaction on a technical level and will be a continuous improvement advocate.
The position of Buyer requires an individual with excellent communication skills, attention to detail and a positive, resilient attitude. Previous knowledge or experience within aerospace manufacturing environment would be advantageous and an ability to understand technical drawings.
We are only able to contact shortlisted candidates, thank you for your interest.