Do you enjoy producing Management Accountants but now looking to manage a team and build on your management accounting experience?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a service organisation in Coventry who require a Qualified Finance Manager to join their team. The purpose of the role is to mange a team of 3 Qualified Accountants to ensure the timely completion of the management accounts, through to production of draft commercial reports, full balance sheet reconciliations and submission to the parent company.
The role will also act as a business partner, both through helping to improve the commercial acumen of the wider business, and through driving the process changes/efficiency's necessary to improve the financial reporting cycle.
As the Finance Manager your duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for the timely completion of the monthly management accounts in accordance with prescribed deadlines
- Production of monthly commercial reporting packs and presentation to senior management
- Provide commentary and analysis for the FD & FC on consolidated numbers
- Line management responsibilities for the management accounting team
- Take a lead role in the budgeting and re-forecasting process
- Act as a Finance Business Partner to promote the sharing of best practice across the finance function and the wider business
- To deputise for the FC as required
- Responsibility for reconciling monthly results against U.S reporting , submission of the rolling projections into Hyperion, and production of the pre month-end 'flash' P&L
Is the Finance Manager role right for me?
As a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) this is a perfect opportunity to join an organisation that is growing with a substantial International presence and in need of a forward thinking individual to supervise a team of 3 Management Accountants and build relationships with non-finance to improve the way they operate. The business is happy to offer support to the right person and will consider applicants who have a strong Management Accounts background but lacking managerial or business partnering experience.
The expectation is that you will be very hands on with a willingness to be involved in all aspects of the month end process whilst also supporting the AP & AR function and engaging with the operational teams. There is a work hard play hard culture and being able to adapt to a variety of personalities will be crucial.
Finance Manager Package
- GBP45,000 - GBP50,000
- Health care
- Free Parking