Senior Highways Engineer
Job Title: Senior Highways Engineer
Salary: GBP33K - GBP38K
Our client is currently looking to recruit a number of experienced Highway Engineers to join an expanding team based in Shrewsbury. The successful candidates will design and deliver highways maintenance and engineering schemes across Shropshire and Nationally.
1. Undertaking scheme investigation, feasibility studies, preliminary/ detailed design, tender documents, site inspections, data collection and analysis, and works construction inspection and supervision.
2. Providing technical input to the agreement of project briefs, proposals and deliverables with Project Managers.
3. Managing the delivery of small to medium sized projects or programmes of work with minimal supervision.
4. Preparation of technical documents and drawings.
5. Carrying out the checking, certifying and authorising for issue designs, documents, approvals, Professional Skill and Care Certificates and reports.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
1. A Degree or HNC/ HND (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering (or other relevant discipline), or other demonstrable experience. You will be or actively working towards Incorporated or Chartered status of a relevant professional institution.
2. Relevant experience and knowledge in the design of highway maintenance and improvement schemes and general civil engineering projects.
3. Knowledge of consultancy systems and processes.
4. Working knowledge and experience of relevant highway and drainage design standards and preparing contract documentation (for example DMRB and Model Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) and NEC2/ NEC3 form of contract).
5. Experience of Project Manager role under NEC2/ NEC3 contract would be desirable.
What do you do now?
If you would like to discuss this vacancy in confidence, then please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.