Ctalk are a leading multi-channel contact centre technology manufacturer providing communication solutions for premise based, hosted or hybrid deployments.
The environment at Ctalk is relaxed but full of professionals who excel at their jobs. Due to expansion we are looking to recruit an experienced network engineer.
The role is full time Monday - Friday. Role holders also provide out of hours incident escalation response in emergency situations and should expect some evening and weekend working as required.
This role is based at our Stafford offices.
What you will do:
- The primary focus of this role is to the day-to-day operation of Ctalk's carrier grade network services.
- You will use your knowledge of IP networking technologies to conduct network fault diagnostics, including analysis of packet traces.
- You will support a sophisticated WAN environment including the configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring of LAN/WAN networking appliances including switches, routers, firewalls and contribute to the design of new network architecture.
Some of the skills and behaviours we are looking for:
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to communicate effectively with service providers and key customer representatives at senior levels.
- A good understanding of Information Security risks and controls, ideally in the context of the ISO27001 and PCI-DSS standards.
- Good written communication skills.
- Able to use specialist knowledge to identify and remedy root causes of complex incidents.
- Fundamental understanding of network principles.
- Good knowledge of Cisco switching and routing configuration to at least CCNA standard, ideally accompanied by formal accreditations in IP networking configuration. We would expect that you could demonstrate 2-3 years relevant experience working with these technologies.
- Experience with the configuration and monitoring of Enterprise class Firewalls, ideally Cisco.
- Some knowledge of the SIP protocol is preferred but not mandatory for this role.
This role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to apply their existing skills in a fast moving environment and the chance to make their mark in a growing business.