Our client is looking to recruit a Sales Manager who can lead the sales team and their activity.
The role is a key one and will play an important part in the development and growth of the organisation.
This person will work collaboratively with the Service Centre Manager to lead the sales performance and continue to develop and improve its offering.
The role will have full support from the senior management group to build and develop.
• Develop, organise and motivate a competent team.
• Ensure the performance of every sales person exceeds the minimum standard.
• Achieve the service centre's forecast annual gross profit target.
• Continually develop a customer base which contributes an acceptable return on investment.
• Ensure the sales team works effectively with the warehouse and accounts/administration functions.
• Individuals should have drive & determination and able to address difficult and confrontational issues.
• Gives clear direction so everyone knows what is expected of them. Drives the team, maintaining team spirit.
• Able to get the most from and bring out the potential in each person.
Able to negotiate to the highest level. Questioning and closing
• skills to coach and direct others at all levels.
PLANNING AND ORGANISING
• Prioritises and orchestrates sales activity. Maintains effective systems. Plans how to achieve best return from resources employed.
• Candidates will have held sales leadership positions of comparable scale and type. Of primary importance is a demonstrable, strong track record in sales team performance management and the ability to motivate a diverse mix of individuals.
It is important any individual has an understanding of return on investment, stock management and commercially effective pricing.
It would be beneficial, although not a pre-requisite, the successful candidate has experience from within the metals industry.
Experience from within an engineering led industry would be of benefit.
An excellent remuneration package is available and includes a company car and bonus.