As a Floor Manager at Matalan you'll bring the Customer journey to life within the overall store to deliver excellent service, standards and stock availability. Leading by example to ensure the store team meets and exceeds customer expectations, you'll guide and motivate the team to maximize sales opportunities. By role modelling our Matalan Values and behaviours you'll drive the performance of your team and duty manage the store when required.
• Coach, develop and proactively give feedback to Team Leaders and GSA's to help develop skills and behaviours
• Role model outstanding customer service and coach the team to meet and exceed customer expectations
• Understand sales targets & KPI's and communicate these to the team
• Implement action plans to reduce stock loss, minimise risk and maximise profit
• Hold team briefs and huddles daily to inform and engage the team for the day ahead
• Ensure that company VM guidelines and layouts are implementedAbout You
• Proven retail experience within a junior management capacity
• Demonstrable track record of delivering high standards and KPI's
• High standards of customer engagement and service
• Good listening and communication skills
• Demonstrate the ability to manage the global view of the shop floorAbout Matalan
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is a family retail business that is proud to serve its customer excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, collaborative, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.