Scheme Project Manager
Job Title - Scheme Project Manager
Location - Rugby, Myson House
Rates - GBP625 per day (In Scope of IR35)
About the role / project:
Working on the Mersey rail power supply upgrade. Supporting the project managers and engineering team. Leading the test and commissioning strategy for the project. Undertake engineering reviews.
What you will do:
- Deliver individual projects or parts of projects in a safe & environmentally responsible manner to time, cost and quality, in accordance with the Guide to Railway Investment Projects (GRIP), applicable Network Rail company standards, current legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
- Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail's company standards and guidelines.
- Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
- Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
- Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
- Manage project budgets within agreed targets
- Disseminate lessons learnt.
Your experience will include:
- Engineering background
- Project management
- Experience with 25KV and/or 750-volt DC commissioning electrical switchgear Educated to HNC/HND or similar standard.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project safety management experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Projects
- Knowledge of safety, quality and environmental procedures.
- Knowledge of commercial and financial procedures.
- Membership (or working towards membership) of the Association for Project Management or other professional body.
- A degree or equivalent.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around GBP23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to interviewing all applicants who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria advertised. We are striving to achieve the 'two ticks' disability symbol and to create a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
Network Rail is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.