Working with an industry leader within the UK’s dairy sector, KPI Engineering is seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer to support a 7 day week production environment.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Ensure that equipment is fit for purpose on a shift / daily basis.
- Attend breakdowns as necessary, to support continuous production.
- Monitor and document line downtime and breakdowns.
- Complete a robust shift handover with the alternate Shift Engineer and ensure critical issues are raised to minimise disruption to operational performance
- Assist & train production with machinery problems and setup and carry out repairs to machinery
- Control activities of contractors on site, completing permits to work etc.
- Ensure plant and equipment is operated and operating in the correct manner in line with H&S
- Control re-order of spare parts and materials as necessary to ensure that stock levels.
- Work on capital projects as required and complete all engineering activities in line with plan
- Support Facilities Management projects for the site.
To be successful:
- You will need post apprenticeship experience, ideally gained in food manufacturing and supported by BTEC or C&G qualification in an appropriate discipline (Electrical Systems, Electrical Control, Faultfinding and Mechanical Engineering).
- Some experience of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Steam systems knowledge is preferred for this role, BOAS certification would be highly advantageous
- Dairy or food process plant knowledge is preferred.
- Packaging plant knowledge is required.
- Flexibility required. Shift pattern will be confirmed as this is a 7 day week production environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960009395