Gleeson Recruitment Group is working exclusively with a prestigious business based in Kingswinford to appoint a Commercial Accountant on a permanent basis.
This is a newly-created role, and a rare opportunity to join an organisation offering a genuine career path for a CIMA/ACA/CA/ACCA studier who is ready for the next step.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the area's fastest-growing businesses. The role will hold responsibility for high-quality management accounting output and supporting various other functions across the organisation, providing reporting and analysis to assist with future growth.
Principle areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Due diligence activity for acquisitions and disposals, including liaison with banks, solicitors and senior management
- Delivering robust reconciliations that confidently confirm the completeness and accuracy of financial performance
- Preparation of journals and recording of various transactions for financial period ends
- Working with Business Partners and other stakeholders to ensure financial projections are valid
- Preparation of cash flow, budgeting and KPI information
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts and audit packs
- Playing a key role in the monthly period end close including review of P&L and balance sheet, and production of management accounts
- Supporting the team to provide ad hoc analysis and commercially focused information
- Contributing ideas and insightful recommendations for process improvement and actively driving these forward
- Monitoring and reviewing debt management processes and working closely with Credit Control to manage cash collection targets
Skills and Experience
- ACA/CA/CIMA/ACCA part-qualified, ideally with strong exposure to a complex organisation that has experienced high-levels of growth via acquisition
- A high level of comfort interacting with all levels of stakeholders, both within the business, and externally
- Strong awareness of the fundamentals of accounting procedures and standards
- Strong data analysis skills
- High level of attention to detail and a satisfaction in accuracy
- Highly-developed verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines
- Demonstrable organisation and prioritisation skills
- Committed team player with a genuine 'can do' attitude
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a great business offering a genuinely 'fast-tracked' career path. This role will pay £30,000-35,000 per annum + study support depending on experience. For further information, please call Jo Payne on 0121 631 1751, or apply using the link.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79365712