Field Applications Specialist - NIR (Near Infrared)
The Field Applications Specialist is an energetic, technically competent, entrepreneurial professional who will support sales by providing technical support to the company's representatives, distributors and customers for, at minimum, the primary market of remote sensing.
- Supports the territory with pre-sales activities including demonstrations, seminars, and pre-sales activities.
- Supports successful customer outcomes involving, for example, building chemometric equations
- Provides technical advice, equipment list suggestions and occasional customer quotations
- Provides technical expertise supporting sales including the development of Application Notes
- Presents at conferences, for distributors and direct customers
- Assists with training of distributors and direct sales personnel
- Supports direct and indirect sales with customer qualification calls
- Travels to prospects or conferences as needed
- Provides feedback to marketing
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
Skills & Experience Required:
- The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology; or ideally 5-7 years' equivalent industry experience.
- Strong background in Near InfraRed, remote sensing, chemometrics and pre-sales support
- Preference will be given to those with experience in spectroscopy, spectroradiometry, remote sensing, light scattering or NIR technologies.
- Ability to effectively present technical information
- Strong communications skills - written, oral and presentation, including the ability to break down complex information and explain in a simple way and to install confidence in the receiver of the information.
- Good listening skills including the ability to translate what the customer asks for into what they need; to communicate this to the customer or distributor/sales person
- Ability to creatively approach territory management and sales engagement
- Work well both within a team and independently; primarily working alongside the distributor and providing support but also able to represent the business externally to all parties. Must present a professional image of the company at all times.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, throughout EMEA