Catering Manager - Near Worcester
£25-30,000 + company benefits
We are looking for a driven, commercial, and sales, service, and standards focused Catering Manager to join a successful independent business with an in-house restaurant serving all fresh food.
We particularly need you to have very strong organisation, financial, systems & procedures, and control measure experience.
Reporting to the general manager you will have full operational and financial responsibility for managing every aspect of the operation, and we do need you to be able to cook.
You will need your own transport.
A massive bonus is that you will work straight day shifts only - no evenings and with alternate weekends off.
ROLE - CATERING MANAGER
As the Catering Manager you will:
- Recruit,train, lead, develop, and inspire your team
- Implement systems, procedures, and control measures to improve efficiency
- Control stock, wastage, labour, and budgets - P & L and GPs'
- Oversee the kitchen and restaurant
- Drive sales and maximise profitability
- Work in a hands-on capacity
- Write & cost all fresh seasonal menus with the chef
- Organise & deliver day time events
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Maintain legislation & compliance
ATTRIBUTES - CATERING MANAGER
- Experience as a catering/restaurant/cafe manager in busy customer facing commercial operations - probably corporate
- Cooking skills - able to help in the kitchen if needed
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- The ability to train, develop, and performance manage people
- Strong financial & commercial acumen (P & L accountability)
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- Passion and drive to succeed
- A very strong understanding of and ability to implement systems, procedures, and control measures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader at their flagship business.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.