Trainee Manager - Children's Services
Trainee Manager required for a new Children's Service near Bromyard
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader / Deputy Manager to take the step up into a management role whilst getting full support
You will be working with young people with complex needs, supporting them to live their lives to the full
Competitive salary, free training, progression opportunities, pension scheme, beautiful rural location
Interviews being held in the next few weeks
At CareTech, we pride ourselves on our friendly, innovative, person-centred, empowering and positive values that we reflect as a company. We are seeking candidates who share the same passion for the values as we do, offering a career where you can develop these attributes further. Does this sound like you? Would you love the opportunity to make a real difference to our Young People's lives? Then we need your support!
A warm welcome awaits you in our specialist service for children who present with emotional, behavioural and other complex needs. Based on the outskirts of Hereford, we care for Young People with varied interests and requirements, so each person is respected and valued as an individual, with tailored programmes to address the specific and changing needs of the individual.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Trainee Manager with a minimum of a Level 3 QCF / NVQ in the Children & Young People's Workforce to join our welcoming new team at Hidelow, our specialist Children's Service on the Herefordshire / Worcestershire border. The service is easily commutable from Bromyard, Leominster, Worcester, Hereford, Malvern and surrounding areas.
We provide Young People aged between 8-18 years with practical, therapeutic and emotional care and support, enabling them to lead as ordinary lives as they can achieve.
Due to expansion, we have a one of a kind opportunity for a Trainee Manager to join our aspirational team. We are looking for courageous and committed individuals who can communicate their attributes within a challenging yet rewarding environment. You must be able to demonstrate a strong background within a children's residential setting and have the drive and determination to work your way up in the role. You must also hold a minimum of a level 3 NVQ or QCF qualification in Residential Childcare (or equivalent) to hit the ground running, along with solid experience working within a similar environment.
In return, we will provide you with superb training and progression opportunities, in tandem with good rates of pay and a benefits package. If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee
* We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
* We provide FREE training to achieve qualifications in Social Care
* Career progression path within the company
* Employee Assistance Helpline
* Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Retail discount vouchers
* DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* To follow the placement plan of each Young Person, supporting them through daily routines
* To assist in the day-to-day running of the home, ensuring a high level of safety and homeliness
* To follow therapeutic plans and strategies, attending daily education with the Young Person
* Operating within CareTech's policies and procedures to ensure that we provide a positive living experience for all Young People
* To maintain effective communication and liaison with Young People, their families and others whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality
* To support Young People and staff members with the preparation of meals, activities, cleaning and social events
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
* An NVQ / QCF Level 3 in Residential Childcare
* Experience in supporting Young People with complex behaviours, or worked within a similar environment
* The ability to keep calm under pressure
* Excellent leadership and communication skills
* The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
About CareTech CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). CareTech is an equal opportunities employer and will invite disabled applicants to contact us to identify any additional support that they may require throughout the recruitment process.