Software Development Team Leader, Sports Back Office
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and Internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Sports Back Office team is looking for a Software Development Team Leader to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
The Sports Back Office team is responsible for the Trading applications. You will be joining a team responsible for enhancing and supporting a diverse suite of applications that are core to the operating and trading of the bet365 sport systems.
As a Team Leader reporting to the Development Manager you will have made the transition from coding as a full time role and be looking to build a career in technical management. You will be assisting and supporting the Development Manager alongside the Technical Lead in the successful delivery of software to agreed timescales by coordinating and driving the activity and efforts of the development team.
You will take responsibility for leading a team of between 8 and 12 staff, and will be required to retain a good technical understanding of systems whilst remaining close to the solutions being developed. People, processes, delivery and the governance around these are the major focus of your role.
Required Skills, Attributes and Experience:
• Managing technical teams working with Microsoft technologies.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a high pressure, delivery focused environment.
• Commercial Microsoft .Net experience.
• Commercial RDBMS experience (preferred SQL Server).
• Ability to adapt to a very diverse and reactive working environment.
• Ability to work with minimal requirements and manage multiple tasks.
• Excellent communicator on all levels.
• Self motivator and delivery focused.
Desirable Experience, Qualification and Attributes:
• Degree qualified in Computer Science (or relevant discipline)/Microsoft certified.
• Jira Issue Management.
• AccuRev version control.
• Exposure to No SQL technologies and message orientated design.
• Experience of working in a 24/7 environment with an on call development function.
• Experience of the online gaming industry.
• A keen interest in sport.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th March 2018.
If you believe you possess the skills and experience necessary for this role then please email your CV and Covering Letter quoting the Position Reference SDTLSBO0218BW. Alternatively you can send the application by post to Human Resources Department, Hillside (Shared Services) Limited, bet365 House, Media Way, Stoke-on-Trent, England, ST1 5SZ.