Customer Service Manager
An exciting opportunity to join a leading international IT company who provide a specialist service to the distribution industry. They are looking for a Customer Service Manager to oversee the daily activities of the Support team, responsible for setting and meeting KPI targets and identifying areas for process improvement.
Our client, based in Stoke on Trent, is a leading Service as a Software providor with sites internationally. They are looking for a Customer Service Manager to oversee the daily activities of the team, mentoring the team and setting performance and development goals.
Duties of the Customer Service Manager role include:
Primary role is to improve the ability of the teams to provide a high quality service for customers, internal associates and engineers with technical or software issues.
- Manage the daily running of the team, implementing call center strategies and operations.
- Carry out needs assessments, performance reviews and cost/benefit analyses.
- Set and meet performance targets for speed, efficiency and quality.
- Ensure all relevant communications, records and data are updated and recorded.
- Liaise with supervisors, team leaders, colleagues across the business and third parties to gather information and resolve issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks.
- Monitor random calls to improve quality, minimize errors and track operative performance.
- Coordinate associates recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR.
- Review the performance of associates, identifying training needs and planning training sessions.
- Record statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the centre and preparing reports.
- Handle the most complex customer complaints or enquiries.
- Organise shift patterns and the number of associates required to meet demand.
- Coach, motivate and retain associates and coordinate reward schemes.
- Forecast and analyse data against budget figures on a weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Ensure accurate allocation of stock to customers for replacement
- Ensure that customers are assisted over the telephone with the set-up of the Director software.
- Ensure the team accurately diagnose installation and operator issues over the telephone.
- Report any regularly occurring product faults to the EU Head of Operations.
- Ensure raised service work is correctly priced with clear and accurate instruction for engineers and maintain diary entries.
- Budget planning and cost review.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with all company associates.
- Interact on a global basis with associates in other regions.
- Develop relationships with key customers.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- At least 5 - 7 years' experience in running a high performing support center
- Experience in Technical Support/Trouble Shooting Hardware and Software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Passionate customer service orientation with experience in managing multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, change embracing corporate culture
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, and a high level of attention to detail
- Displays sound business judgement and decision making capability
- Displays high level of self-motivation
- Honesty, integrity and a strong level of drive and determination
- Degree level or higher required
The salary on offer is £45k - £50k per annum + Car