Location: Tamworth, Staffordshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Tippers Building Materials is a local independent family run Builders Merchants providing quality building materials for trade and DIY, with branches located in Lichfield, Tamworth, Nuneaton, Uttoxeter, Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Kidderminster, Huthwaite and Rugeley.
Tippers are the complete One-Stop-Shop with extensive Kitchen and Bathroom showrooms, a wide range of quality building, plumbing and timber materials from leading manufacturers and tool hire on site at three locations.
Overall Scope of Position
To manage and take responsibility for the operation of the branch in conjunction with Head Office, to include all Sales, Security, Health & Safety, People Management, Systems, Company Policies and Procedures.
To proactively promote and increase profitable Sales in line with the Companys Business Objectives
- To promote, improve and increase profitable Sales for the Company by creating good customer liaisons.
- To ensure that all customers are served in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Identifying and contacting new and potential customers.
- To assist as required with the training, motivation, appraisal and on-going evaluation of Staff.
- To contribute as required to the general development of the Companys sales, marketing and management plans.
- Having awareness at all times of Company procedures and pricing policies and ensuring that all Staff comply with them.
- Liaising with Manufacturers and Suppliers to further promote Sales where necessary.
- Provide an after-sales service to customers where necessary.
- Improve and maintain good product knowledge of all products stocked and displayed and generally keep aware of products available in the market place.
- To assist with the reorganisation, promotion, development and future of the Depot
- A high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work alone
- Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
- Achieve sales targets and maintain profit margins
- To have persistence to ensure objectives are met
- Computer literate
- Smart Appearance
- To share a responsibility with the Management for your own personal training and development
- Prioritise work and maintain tidy and organised work area/records
Experience of the following and advantage: Branch Manager, Sales Manager, Retail Branch Manager, Operations Manager, Retail sales, Construction, DIY, Builders Merchant
The above job description is designed to indicate the general scope of the position and will be subject to periodic review.
If you have the required skills and experience for this role please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and relevant cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please.