Application Specialist - GPC/SEC
To analyse samples from potential customers, subsidiaries, distributors and agents using our client's range of instruments, and communicate the findings of such analyses in written report or presentation format.
To develop and document our client's application knowledge and foster its expertise in the area of gel permeation chromatography (GPC) and size exclusion chromatography (SEC) for the measurement of molecular weight, size, intrinsic viscosity and branching.
To provide technical assistance to the sales channels and to assist Product Technical Specialists in allied roles with customer support, training, marketing and problem solving activities.
- Maintain records of all samples received for analysis and subsequent results, reports, methodologies and correspondence within the agreed database and systems.
- Perform Health & Safety Assessments (COSHH) on incoming samples.
- Perform analysis of customer samples on instrumentation with the presentation of results via clear and logical written reports or presentations, which are at the appropriate level for the audience and to the required standard.
- Receive incoming calls, answer technical queries and liaise with distributors and customers on the use of the technologies in cooperation with the Training Manager/Product Technical Specialists.
- Help with the generation of product support material (application notes, technical notes, white papers, Brainsharks, WebEx, articles, FAQs and material for use on the website) to improve the communication to the market and the wider organisation in support of your associated technology areas.
- Provide input into the testing of new/modified hardware and software to New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Provide support to the sales organization by helping with demonstrations and customer visits (UK and abroad).
- Logging in/recording of customers' complaints and resolutions in liaison with peers and line management. Initiating the Customer Feedback Procedure when appropriate.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Minimum Masters' Level Science degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry.
- A second major language would be a considerable advantage.
- No previous experience is necessary as training will be given, although previous laboratory experience with GPC/SEC techniques would be an advantage. Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Office suite an advantage.
- Common sense attitude with excellent problem-solving skills is required
- The ability to deal efficiently, diplomatically and with consideration of customers and your work colleagues is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, coupled with an ability to instil confidence in the receiver.
- Good listening skills and the ability to translate what a customer says into what he or she needs.
- Computer-literate with Microsoft Office software.
- A proven ability to coherently write and present scientific papers as well as being able to distil complex subjects into a simplified and understandable form.