We have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced manufacturing focused Finance Manager to join us in the West Midlands.
Successful candidates will have experience of operating in a manufacturing environment or having transferrable skills to make a difference to an interesting and challenging area of the Wincanton business. The role will be based in Kingswinford with some travel to our other site in Yeovil as required.
Note to recruitment agencies: we prefer to recruit direct, but we do have a Preferred Supplier List for when we need a helping hand. We’ll be in touch if we need you.
- Financial control for the manufacturing revenue budget at two sites plus potentially other locally based contracts.
- Working closely with the Contract General Manager you will drive contribution through savings against flex budget, operational performance and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensuring Pricing strategies for new routes and contracts are accurate and operationally valid.
- Provide commercial support in contract negotiations.
- Develop strong relationships with the customers - both operationally and with the customer finance team.
- Work alongside Site Managers to develop strong commercial awareness.
- Develop budget and flex mechanisms to drive performance and an enhanced understanding of the operation cost drivers.
- Manage, develop and motivate the admin teams.
- Work closely with other finance teams within the Business Unit and sector.
- Embed meaningful management information reporting.
- Ensure weekly and period reporting is on time and is accurate.
- Reporting and monitoring of key performance indicators.
- Ensure financial controls are in place and are adhered to.
- Work in partnership with the HR team to ensure robust payroll processes and reporting mechanisms are in place.
Experience and Qualifications
- A part- or fully- qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Demonstrate drive, energy and a commitment to the continuous improvement of overall contract performance.
- Be inquisitive with a passion for challenging teams to drive performance.
- Be able to work under pressure whilst maintaining high standards.
- Must be flexible and respond positively and accurately to internal and external customer requests.
- Excellent customer relationship skills with the ability to develop good working relationships at all levels.
- Have excellent PC skills and be able to understand and harness IT and systems to benefit the operation.
- Be able to demonstrate previous relevant experience.
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80020988