Applications Specilalist - Chemistry, Biochemistry, Polymer
An exciting opportunity for an Applications Specialist - Separations with a Masters or 1st Class Honours degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or suitable work experience. This is a great opportunity for an Applications Specialist to join an established organisation, which can offer training in the area of gel permeation chromatography (GPC) and size exclusion chromatography (SEC).
As the successful Application Specialist - Separations you will be enthusiastic, have a passion for your work and a willingness to learn. The role of Applications Specialist (Separations) requires a common sense attitude with excellent problem solving skills. A visible role the Applications Specialist will be able to influence customers and give the successful person the opportunity to grow and learn within the role.
Applications Specialist Responsibilities & Experience
- Maintain records of all samples received for analysis and subsequent results, reports, methodologies and correspondence within the agreed database and systems.
- Perform Health & Safety Assessments (COSHH) on incoming samples.
- Perform analysis of customer samples with the ability to present results via clear and logical written reports or presentations, which are at the appropriate level for the audience and to the required standard.
- Provide input into the testing of new/modified hardware and software to New Product Introduction (NPI).
- The opportunity to provide support to the sales organisation by helping with demonstrations and customer visits
- Ability to work on own initiative and own decision making on work is required, to become familiar with the working procedures and forms within the laboratory and wider BMS system.
- The role requires a Masters or 1st Class Honours degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or suitable work experience
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.