Infrastructure Engineer (Linux/opensource/ Cloud/ Automation )
Here at Uniting Ambition we specialise in building businesses - working with the UK's fastest growing organisations, we're passionate about finding talented individuals looking for opportunities to join technology driven, people focused companies where they can add value and continuous develop their career.
Due to continued growth & evolution our client (a leading, technology-driven organisation) is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with a who has experience working on large scale enterprise platforms. The company is looking forward around automation, and use of open source technology as alternatives to commercial products so leaves a great opportunity to be part of taking this forward.
- Linux /Redhat and Windows system administration and scripting experience (Bash, Python, or Powershell).
- Knowledge in some or all of Active Directory, backup, security, networking or virtualisation technology
- Active communicator on technical issues and solutions both within and outside of the team.
- Logical approach to solving problems under pressure.
- Exposure to configuration management, orchestration and automation tools; such as Ansible.
- Supporting and designing highly available systems.
- Technical qualifications, certifications or demonstrable experience in technology related subject matter.
- Defining and automating infrastructure system configuration standards and best practices.
- Providing break fix support for enterprise compute and storage systems.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation to support IT infrastructure, architecture and designs.
- Developing infrastructure system monitoring, performance and capacity management improvements.
- Identifying improvements.
- Designing, configuring and administering of core infrastructure platforms and technologies.
- Creating solution designs and specifications with a focus on simplifications, automation, and use of open source technology as alternatives to commercial products where appropriate.
The organisation gives you a lot of autonomy in a fast-flowing environment. This is a role with great opportunity.
Infrastructure Engineer (Linux/opensource/ Cloud)