An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Finance Graduate with 12 - 18 months relevant experience to join a growing FMCG business in the Lichfield area as an Accounts Assistant.
Main Responsibilities as Assistant Accountant:
- Preparation of Fixed Asset Register - maintenance & reconciliation, monitoring spend - actual v authorised and audit of assets to enable register to move from excel to AX.
- Balance sheet reconciliations - prepayments / accruals, payroll controls and tax.
- GRNI- weekly update of tracker and working with the purchase ledger to clear duplicate GRNIs.
- Assist with VAT / EC reports / Intrastats.
- Assist with preparation of journals including payroll, accruals, prepayments etc.
- Support the Purchase Ledger in process improvement.
- Ad-hoc support in the following areas: expenses, bank reconciliations, bank payments, payroll, preparation of data for group reporting, prep/analysis of data for tax reporting, monthly KPI data, provision of analytical support of account spend as requested and supplier maintenance.
- Full support and assistance with month end procedures
Skills & Experience required:
You will ideally:
- Have experience of an accounting/finance function and exposure to the above responsibilities
- A proactive approach with a can do attitude is essential
- Good Excel skills, knowledge of v lookups and pivot tables would be advantageous
Salary GBP18,000 - GBP24,000 plus study support is on offer for the successful individual along with the opportunity to work in a high-performing and knowledgeable team of Accountants.