My Client, a large privately-owned business and a market-leading in its own niche area, are currently recruiting for a Qualified Financial Controller. Reporting into the Finance Director, the role will assume responsibility for the timely and accurate preparation of accounts and reports for all Group companies.
Duties & responsibilities
- Overseeing the preparation of timely monthly consolidated management reporting for the Group
- Preparation of monthly accounts and forecasts
- Reviewing all subsidiary accounts and forecasts to ensure accuracy and completeness, implementing improvements where necessary.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of weekly Operations Report, at least weekly reporting of sales, orders and quotations, preparation of detailed monthly sales reports (UK and Export) and quarterly sales commission calculations.
- Review of daily bank reconciliation, and preparation of daily cash flow forecasts for the UK and Group weekly cash flow forecast for submission to shareholders.
- Managing Group cash pooling arrangements.
- Ensuring the timely completion of balance sheet reconciliations for
- Ensuring accurate accounting for foreign currency transactions and retranslations.
- Calculating monthly interest on inter-company loan balances and reconciling inter-company accounts.
- Completion of the monthly UK VAT return
- Completion of quarterly industry statistics submission (UK and ROI).
- Preparation/reconciliation of monthly bad debt provision and credit note provision.
- Working with external advisors as appropriate ensuring that all statutory and company requirements are met including accounts, tax, VAT and statistical returns.
- Identification and investigation of major variances from forecast/budget.
- Reporting key KPIs for all Group businesses.
- Leading the year end accounting process and liaison with external auditors, ensuring compliance with all external reporting and auditing requirements.
- Seeking out cost reduction and performance improvement opportunities in all areas of the business.
- Ensuring the retention, growth and development of key members of the Finance Team
Experience & Qualifications
- Qualified - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Experience of preparation/review of Management Accounts
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Experience of ERP system is highly desirable
- Manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Team player and willingness for 'hands-on' approach
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing people
- Attention to detail and accuracy of outputs
- Keen to add value and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience of statutory accounts and liaising with auditors is desirable