Application Release Manager
As part of your role you will be defining and maintaining the release management strategy, standards, policies, processes and documentation pertaining to the management of Critical Application Releases. As you will be working across multiple functions, the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across all levels of the business is essential. Working alongside Heads of Departments, Enterprise Architects, Programme/Portfolio Managers, Technology Leads, and Third Parties to ensure that Technology Release Road Map activities align to overall strategy and transformation agenda.
The ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads is essential as you will be reviewing the demand pipeline of work so that the impact to support and maintenance is understood. Ideally you will be someone that enjoys coaching and mentoring team members to meet their potential and where possible knowledge sharing and up-skilling of the wider support teams.
• Responsible for assessing impacts, risks, constraints and dependencies of all Technology Maintenance Releases, ensuring all prerequisites have been delivered and there is no impact on customer and colleague experience.
• Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of Technology Solutions are maintained throughout the Maintenance Lifecycle through timely releases and upgrades driving efficiencies in the TCO.
• Resource Management of technical resources in the delivery of Technology Lifecycle Maintenance Releases, including internal and external resources.
• Responsible for prioritizing and packaging Application Releases
• Creating a culture of continuous improvement within the Technology team that challenges current performance and consistently seeks more efficient ways to deliver value.
• To develop and implement release management policies for all technology areas, ensuring that any subsequent maintenance plans are aligned to application lifecycles to significantly reduce the risk of downtime to the STW Business
• To maintain standards, policies and processes pertaining to infrastructure and application release and lifecycle management • Work in conjunction with the Technical Support teams (Application and Infrastructure) to ensure the best fit for STW
As a Application Release Manager, your key skills and competencies will include:
• Extensive IT Delivery and Release Management experience in an Enterprise Environment
• Strong Experience in the management of third parties in the delivery of technology solutions.
• Experience in influencing Senior Management along with working in a matrix management environment.
• Deep technical knowledge/specialism of the following applications to "Expert" level: o SAP (ECC, BI, PI and CRM), Application Lifecycle Management
• Good understanding of core requirements required to maintain SAP systems. • Experience of delivering complex solutions with a value in excess of GBP1m
• Experience in ITIL with a bias to Change and Release Management Processes
• Experience in influencing senior leadership and gaining buy-in to the Technology Release Roadmap • Experienced in impact analysis and technical risk assessment
• Commercial and Financial acumen with experience in budgetary and financial controls
• Experience in managing delivery to TCQ
• Extensive people management skills including tackling behavioural issues and performance management
• Knowledge of Prince 2 / Agile (SCRUM) / ITIL
• Actively keeps abreast of technology and market place change.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills both at a peer level and above.
• Must hold a full driving license Qualifications
• Ideally educated to degree level • Holds a professional qualification or relevant experience
• ITIL Foundation
Severn Trent benefits include:
• Salary - Competitive
• Fantastic Pension scheme
• 28 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
• Full range of Flexible benefits such as:
o SMART water - save money on your bills
o Private medical insurance
o Dental Insurance
o Childcare voucher scheme
We are based in the heart of Coventry City Centre, only a short walk to the local train / bus stations.
Our new refreshing site also offers fantastic facilities with an onsite Costa coffee and canteen who cater for all needs, and if not, it's only a short walk into town to pick from a variety of restaurants.
Who are we?
We're a FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1million people across the Midlands and into north and mid-Wales. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do and we're proud to be building a lasting water legacy.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership. And we'll achieve that by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do, driving operational excellence and continuous innovation, investing responsibly for sustainable growth, changing the market for the better and creating an awesome place to work.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly