Designer / Urban Designer
Residential Designer / Urban Designer
Designer required to join a new region of a large residential developer, with a growing team that is purchasing large amounts of land for future development whilst looking after a small number of sites which will double in the next 12 months.
Potentially from an architectural background the successful Designer will work on high quality designed homes with interesting bespoke designs where the focus is on suitability and environment.
This role is suitable for someone with a strong knowledge of design and its anticipated applicants to have at least 2 or 3 years' experience in similar roles, preferably with a main residential developer but would consider a main contractor or public sector background.
As part of the role you will assist in the acquisition of proposed sites by:
- Working closely with the Land Manager and other key team members in preparation of design briefs and instructions to external architects
- Maximise land values with the Land Manager through innovative design
- Ensure design concepts can transfer to workable solutions
- Appoint and manage external consultants
- Assist in preparation of planning applications
For a full job specification please apply for the position
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of the full planning process
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm for delivering planning permission and outstanding quality homes
- HNC qualification as a minimum, preferably a degree in Urban Design or similar
An excellent competitive salary on offer with full package.
Apply for further details.