Project Engineer / Project Manager
A unique opportunity to join the UK operation of a large Automotive Manufacturing Group based in the Tipton area.
We are looking to recruit a pro-active and professional Project Engineer / Project Manager for our Company joining a small but dedicated team to support the Sales & Project function and to manage current and upcoming projects. As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working in a multi-disciplined structure and have managed project implementation cycles.
Supporting the Sales & Projects Manager by managing: projects implantation cycles, on-going client requirements, new leads and changes. This role would suit an individual who is keen, motivated and is able to deal with a fast-moving environment.
To be considered for this varied and challenging role, you will ideally have the necessary skills to fulfil the following:
- Structured, organised, transparent project planning.
- Review Project Timing Plans; Open Points Lists, Chair Project Meetings.
- Review customer requirements with project team members to ensure tasks are put in place to deliver the project to the required specification.
- Liaise with all departments and generate an anticipated project spend.
- Understand the customer contribution.
- Obtain Budget Approval sign off.
- Monitor project expenditure throughout the project to ensure we do not exceed project budget.
Some of other Key Tasks/Duties:
- Attend client meetings and present information where required.
- Updating of project plans, status, timetable, activity lists and others.
- Respond to client and customer project requirements.
- Understanding and experience of Project Management with 1st Tier Automotive Supplier (Preferably)
- Identifying and actioning potential issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of product processes and production tools/ methodologies.
- Good level of judgment.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Good organiser of time.
- Analytical and methodical.
- Efficient and thorough.
- Clear communicator.
- Attention to detail.
- A degree is a science subject is preferred (but not essential).
- Competitive Salary: £30K to £40K (Depending on Experience).
- 37.5 Hours per week with early Friday finish.
- 24 days annual leave per year. After 5 years’ service, this increase by 1 day per year (Max 5 days). Bank Holidays on top of the annual allowance.
- Pension Scheme.
- Non-contributory Healthcare Plan for dental, eye and hospital treatments.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- Staff discount for new cars (up to 24% or more dependent on models).
- Employee Reward Portal’ for discounts to stores and online purchases.
- Employee assistance for job related training or membership subscriptions.
- On-site staff canteen.
- Free on-site car park.
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter by clicking on the apply button provided on the page.
We look forward to your application.