Support Worker in Stafford
At Turning Point, we support people with Learning Disabilities across England. Support workers make a real difference, here at Turning Point - they provide support, and advice, to help each of our residents to achieve their potential.
Where will I work?
We support Adults of all ages with conditions such as Autism (across the Spectrum), poor mobility, challenging behaviour, complex needs and other Learning Disabilities
What will I be doing?
This is a hands-on job in which no two days are the same. Your duties will include:
- Promoting the independence of the people we support
- Supporting a full range of daily activities including cleaning and cooking, days out, or going away on holiday
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Personal care, manual handling & helping with medication
What skills and qualities do I need to have?
Whilst knowledge of learning disabilities and complex needs would be beneficial, it isn't essential. What is essential is that you are:
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Flexible, patient and non-judgemental
- Able to demonstrate good IT and communication skills
- Able to complete the physical aspects of the role such as manual handling
What benefits will I receive?
Of course, we know it's not about the money. But that doesn't mean we don't reward our people for their invaluable work with a benefits package that includes:
- Annual pay reviews
- Reward Discount Scheme. This is a great scheme which will mean that you can get a whole range of discounts from top UK retailers to use as you like. The discounts that will be available to you include shopping cards offering up to 20% discounts on everyday shopping, holidays and eating out, discounts on days out, the cinema and attractions
- Excellent training and development
- Pension plan and life assurance cover
- Generous holidays with option to buy/sell days as suits your lifestyle
- Family/Flexible leave
- Free financial, legal and practical life advice, online health assessment tools, counselling services, and support from an occupational health and well-being provider
Why Turning Point?
We take pride in the services that we provide. There is one vision that everyone at Turning Point shares, which is held together by our values. These include believing in potential, communicating in a confident way, embracing change and treating each other as individuals.
Running services on a not-for-profit basis, we invest every penny back into our services - and, our people. So, if you are enthusiastic, motivated and committed to support people with Learning Disabilities to live fulfilling lives - here at Turning Point, we don't just offer you a job: we offer you a career.
If you would like to apply or require any further information on the role please contact me on .
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.