Commercial Property Solicitor / CILEX
The Solicitor/CILEX will work as part of a small in-house commercial property team. Reporting to the Legal Services Manager, the successful candidate will support the LSM and liaise closely with the Acquisitions Managers, Surveyors and Project Managers in all aspects of commercial property transactions including acquisitions, lease renewals, licences to alter, litigation and landlord and tenant matters.
- Responsible for own caseload
- Drafting - contracts for sale, agreements for lease, leasehold acquisitions and renewals, licences to assign, licences to alter in conjunction with acquisitions, deeds of assignment, transfers, completion statements, raising invoices (Landlord’s contributions)
- Conducting Land Registry searches, examining title, raising pre-contract enquiries
- Calculating SDLT liabilities and completing Inland Revenue SDLT returns
- Litigation in respect of Lease renewals, issuing and serving proceedings, drafting Directions, Witness Statements, Consent Orders and Notices of Discontinuance and instructing Counsel as necessary
- Licences for Alterations – obtaining Landlord’s consent, submitting drawings for approval for new shopfits, signage and air conditioning installations and agreeing Licences
- Relocations - agreeing deeds of variation, deeds of surrender and licences to occupy
- Disposals – drafting Contracts for Sale, responding to pre-contract enquiries, preparing replies to CPSE5 enquiries, obtaining Landlord’s consent to assign, references, agreeing Licences to Assign, preparing completion statements
- Preparing Lease renewal and acquisition reports for Board approval
- Liaison with internal and external surveyors in respect of terms for lease renewals, heads of terms for acquisitions and disposals, close liaison with contracts managers
- Advising on Lease terms and other landlord and tenant issues to other departments/area and regional managers
- Other duties as required from time to time
- Must enjoy a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- Good time management and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Commercial awareness
- Outgoing and able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good sense of humour essential!
- Professional legal qualification (Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive)
- Good knowledge of Landlord & Tenant 1954 Act, lease renewal procedures, SDLT and Land Registry rules and procedures
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…