Community Support Worker / Team leader
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our expanding organisation. Gray Healthcare is a national specialist mental health provider, supporting individuals stepping down from inpatient services, including secure environments, to recovery full and meaningfully lives in their own communities.
As Team Leader you will be managing a small team of Community Support Workers whilst working alongside them in supporting a woman in the Birmingham area. As a Team Leader you will typically;
- Performance manage a small team, including ; induction, supervision, probation and appraisal
- Oversee the rota and safe staffing levels
- Support the individual to develop or regain life skills and self-help skills
- Support the individual to participate in community life and in reducing social isolation
- With support from our clinical team, undertake assessments, develop recovery focus plans and to report progress
- Develop weekly planner to promote a structured and meaningful week, enabling the individual to achieve their full potential, goals and to pursue their interests
- Build strong and trusting working relationship with the individual service user, their families and professionals involved in providing exceptional person centred support.
- Assist the individual to maintain confidence and a positive self esteem
- Work closely with members of the multidisciplinary team and other support workers.
- Maintain clear and accurate records
You and the Team will be supporting a woman in her early 40s who is looking forward to having her own home, in a community of her choice, after a successful period of recovery in hospital. She is a very creative individual who enjoys crocheting, needle craft, hobbi crafting and painting. She is a very sociable individual and volunteers in a social enterprise café. She is looking for likeminded individuals to support her.
What we are looking for from you is:
- A minimum 6 months supervising a Team
- A minimum of 12 months experience supporting individuals with personality disorders, within the mental health, or similar health and social care field.
- A minimum NVQ/QCF 2 or a commitment to complete with the qualification with Gray Healthcare
- Emotional resilience and firm professional boundaries
- Driver with a clean driving licence
We welcome forward thinking individuals who would like to be part of a dynamic support team in the Birminghamarea.
Contract/Hours: Part Time or Full Time available
Rota/ Shift Pattern: Include Waking nights and Day Shifts and inclusion in a Back Up Rota
Salary: £18,720 (pro rata) dependant on your experience and if you hold a NVQ/QCF
Well Being Days : in addition to annual leave to support your well being and to maintain emotional resilience
Training & Development Opportunities
We pride ourselves in the opportunities we offer to develop staff throughout their employment with Gray Healthcare, which include both Mandatory & Optional training:
Learning & Development Modules - person centred to reflect the individual’s need ; personality disorders, understanding and responding positively to behaviours that challenge, motivational interviewing.
NVQ/QCF opportunities in Health & Social Care.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Please note that if you are short listed for interview you will be contacted via email and it is important that you check your email regularly.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £18,720.00 /year