Director of Estates for H&S and Compliance Principal for Day to Day duties.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist in the day to day maintenance and security of the site to include the School, Sports Centre and auditorium.
1. To assist in the day to day maintenance of the school premises and hard play areas to include: • Carrying out work where necessary and ensure reports are completed as instructed by line managers; • Undertake minor works and repairs as instructed by the line managers; • Ensure regular cleaning and checking of main lighting both within and without the buildings (the latter only in an emergency); • To assist in the effective operation of the heating system and report defects to the DOE; • To assist in the facilitation of the work of outside contractors; • To assist staff with movement of bulky items around the School; • To undertake portable appliance testing; • To assist with the regular day to day classroom running e.g. locks and windows. • To keep the flower beds and borders of the school in a neat and tidy condition.
2. To assist in the cleaning of those areas outside the cleaning contract including: • Helping maintain the hard play areas and keeping the pathways of the school free from litter and obstruction; • Ensure bins and other litter receptacles are emptied daily and kept in good order.
3. To routinely and in emergencies open and close the school premises and grounds and to ensure the school is secure including operating the alarm system. To be included on the alarm call out list and attend the premises in the event of an alarm callout.
4. Be responsible, when on duty or when on call, for the security of the site and to carry a mobile telephone whilst on duty.
5. To assist with jobs as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the school e.g. preparation of rooms for examinations, assemblies and lettings.
6. To ensure the safe acceptance and dispersal of deliveries to the site.
7. To ensure that the School’s Health and Safety Policy is adhered to at all times.
8. To comply with instructions relating to security and confidentiality.
9. To carry our all statutory health and safety compliance duties as required.
10. To carry out from time to time any other duties within the competence of the job holder, that may be reasonable required.
11. To carry out these duties in accordance with the TKAW Equal Opportunities policy.
This job description sets out the duties of the post at the time it was drawn up. The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.
Please complete our application form which can be downloaded from the website www.tkaw.org
Email completed application forms to email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd April, 2018 at 12 noon.