We are recruiting for a Care Manager to join a residential care service in Pershore.
As a care manager, you'll be responsible for meeting national minimum standards of care issued by relevant bodies. The care manager will be required to hold the following qualifications:
- Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care, (S/NVQ L5 or equivalent)
A professional qualification will be desirable, but not essential, for instance a nursing qualification.
The care manager has to provide evidence of the following minimum experience
- 2 years as a registered care manager of a residential home with a minimum of 24 beds
- 4 years as a deputy manager of a residential home with a minimum of 24 beds
- At least two references should be available of the last two positions held of the above
Candidates will have to provide evidence of the following skills, experience or certification:
- Administering, auditing and rectification of the complete medication process within said regulations
- Management of staff in all aspects:
- Setting of rota’s
- Staff meetings
- Recruitment, training and supervision of staff
- Disciplinary and performance improvement plans
- Management of financial aspects to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of all resources to deliver high quality homecare within budget
- Ensuring quality person-centred care, with appropriate care plan management
- Ensuring quality standards, health and safety compliance
- Capability to do robust risk assessments in all aspects of the home
- Capability to chair meetings, set agendas and produce minutes
- Capability to liaise with local community organisations
- Capability to assess new potential residents, provide information, advice and support to residents families; arrange and chair next of kin meeting
The position is a permanent, full time. This may include shifts and weekend work and some on-call duties in the event of an emergency.
Please apply for details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80892471