Driver Trainer Instructor
Driver Trainer Instructor
Position: Driver Trainer Instructor
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 29th April, 2018
For the role of Driver Trainer Instructor you will be responsible for ensuring that you are the point of contact within the new contract set up for training associated with the delivery of training. The training delivered will include a mix of initial training and refresher training. The training will be delivered to a mix of different driver types and a mix of different vehicles and trailers including the shunting operation. However, the main points of contact will be delivering the requirements of the Multi User sites customers, for the contract. The successful candidate will need to be aware that as the needs of the business change during the course of a year.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Provide operational management with advice and guidance relating to training.
* Continually monitor HSE legislation to ensure full compliance relating to safety and statutory training.
* To assist when required, with the investigation of reported accidents and be pro-active in the reduction and prevention of accidents.
* To identify areas of non-conformance and work collaboratively with contract management to produce action plans to rectify issues within required timescales
* To ensure that training is updated in-line with statutory and company requirements.
* Provide regular and adhoc reports and statistics regarding training standards including status against targets set.
* To provide agreed 'non-core' training to contracts and potentially operations in the wider DHL business.
* In conjunction with site/area SHE Managers be the subject matter expert in the development of transport related risk assessments and systems of work.
* To champion the effective management of transport related safe systems of work in line with company policy and statutory duties to develop a culture where training has a raised profile.
* To ensure that training documentation is passed onto the correct responsible person for the contract that the delegates have received training for.
* Liaise with the Transport Manager or Deputy to ensure that safety related training is up to date and when required assist in the completion of induction training for new starters/operations.
* To assist in the development of specific training packages as required.
* Maintaining a professional image while representing the department while undertaking activities on behalf of the business unit.
* To undertake as and when required pre and post course administrative activities.
* To assist in the development and maintenance of effective records of training.
* To update line manager on personal or work related issues that could have an impact on performance.
* Complete and undertake relevant continuous professional development.
* To maintain contact with line manager
* Adhere to company, site and venue safety rules.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the retail or a specialist sector
* Experience of driving a selection of vehicles within different industry sectors.
* LGV C+E licence
* Digital Tachygraphy Trainer
* DSA ADI or equivalent for LGV (Desirable)
* National Management CPC (Desirable)
* Driver CPC approved (Desirable)
* Manual handling instructor (Desirable)
* IOSH Managing Safely certificate or equivalent (Desirable).
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80912298