Skills Trainer (Brain Injury Services)
Skills Trainer (Brain Injury Services) – Temp – Perm Contract
Must have driving licence & own transport!!
Salary - £9.66ph - Permanent salary £17,593.94paHours - 35 hours per week, Monday - FridayLocation - Rednal, Moseley and at our Satellite Groups around Birmingham - must be prepared to work at any of the sites as required north & south BirminghamCandidates should have NVQ II Health and Social Care and ideally experience of working with brain-injured people / people with disability, previous care / teaching or day centre experience
Successful applicants are required to provide an enhanced disclosure.Disclosure expense will be met by Headway Birmingham & SolihullDescriptionThe Skills Trainer will:
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivering of training sessions for clients attending our day services, either in Rednal, Moseley or North of Birmingham City (Erdington) as required.
- Oversee the clients’ safety, comfort and well-being at all times whilst at the centre or participating in off-site activities.
- Be reliable, trustworthy, self-assured and self-motivated to accept full responsibility for the clients when working at our satellite groups
- Have business insurance to enable workers to escort clients in own car as needed.It would be advantageous for the Skills Trainer to be able to drive the Headway mini bus, transporting clients between our centres and driving them out into the community
- Ensure training materials are reviewed / updated and new session plans introduced
- Update records after sessions.Produce report and feedback as required, ensuring confidentiality and discretion
- Providing training for learning coping strategies, modifying inappropriate behaviour, acquiring new skills and interests, meeting with other brain injured people, understanding their brain injury, improving self-confidence and accessing community activities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80911807