Team Manager - Resolution Team
You’ll have a key, front facing role in a friendly and busy team. Leading our Resolution Team, you’ll be responsible for your teams’ performance and ensuring that they meet the needs of our customers, and deliver effective service recovery.
It goes without saying you’ll have targets to smash, and you should be confident that you’ll be able to do this by creating a productive environment, using your exceptional leadership and coaching skills. Working as part of our leadership team, you’ll also need to play your part in ensuring that the wider business is successful.
The environment you create is key, and colleague engagement is of huge importance. You should be adept at coaching, up skilling and mentoring others, with a drive and determination to ensure that your team really delivers outstanding service for our customers.
- Ensure quality checks are completed in-line with the business quality framework. Carry out additional quality work as required based on business need
- Create individual action plans tailored to colleagues specific development needs. This’ll include setting SMART objectives
- Provide one to one coaching to drive improved performance and help our teams deliver effective service recovery
- Create an environment where your team want to be. Effective attendance management to achieve 98%+ attendance. Proactively manage teams annual leave
- Help enhance colleague written and verbal communication skills. Ensure that every interaction we have with our customers, using any media, is in keeping with my clients brand
- Deal with escalated complaints (verbally and in writing) and duty manager calls
- Work to ensure that your team meet our Regulatory, Legal and Moral obligations
- Build and nurture effective working relationships with external agencies, including regulatory bodies
- Provide support to colleagues who are deciding, negotiating and awarding gestures of goodwill
- Provide expert support and advice to the wider Resolution Team related to team performance and improvement opportunities of their team
- Be the business subject matter expert for Complaints performance. This includes sharing any root cause analysis information to drive continuous improvement across the business
- Build collaborative relationships with colleagues at all levels to champion the customer
- It goes without saying you should be ready to help your colleagues at the start of your shift, and whilst here follow all my clients relevant policies and procedures
Essential Functional skills/experience
With a real passion for people and amazing communication skills, you’ll be a seasoned leader having worked in a fast paced customer facing environment in a regulated industry. You’ll have huge experience when it comes to performance and attendance management, and a track record of leading successful teams, preferably in a complaints or service recovery environment.
Your previous experience of working under pressure to meet tight deadlines will help you succeed, as will your strong verbal and written communication skills. You need to be 100% customer focused, and able to translate this to your teams by creating a customer first culture.
Creative thinking skills would be brilliant, allowing you to take best practice (both internal and external), and successfully adopt them in your team.
You’ll need good IT skills, including a working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet packages.
You’ll believe in the power of people, be passionate about customers, and have a desire to succeed and for your team to be the best. You’ll want to win with integrity and have the ability to inspire others to follow your vision.
A creative and innovative thinker, you’ll be able to absorb information, ask the right questions, and use your brilliant linguistic skills to translate your expectations (and those of the business) into a clear and positive message.
You should be a positive person, calm under pressure and able to handle difficult conversations. You should be discreet when needed, and always have the customer and your team at the forefront of your mind.
You’ll be able to demonstrate your ability to build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues and customers. Working as part of a team, you’ll enjoy collaborating with others and be a great team player, although you should also have the ability to use your own initiative to get the job done.
The small print just so you know
The successful applicant will be offered a permanent contract, which is subject to successfully passing a 3 month probation period and our internal accreditation process.
The contract itself will be for 37.5 hours a week, and your rota will normally cover 5 days in every 7.
This’ll have a working window of 7am to 9pm, 7 days a week.
Please be aware your rota could change to any hours within your contracted working window with 4 calendar weeks’ notice
To find out more please contact Mark Bryan at our Birmingham Office