Utilitywise is one of the UK's leading business energy and water consultancies. We help businesses get the most value from their energy and water contracts, reduce their energy and water consumption, and lower their carbon footprint.
Thousands of businesses of all sizes rely on us for their energy and water management needs, whether at one site or across the UK.
To assist the Finance Team by providing administration support with regard to general sales and purchase ledger tasks as well as other ad hoc finance administration and transactional duties. You will join a team of 3 reporting into the Accountant for the Corporate Division. You must have experience working within finance, with a methodical and thorough approach. Good knowledge off Excel is desirable.
- Raise Purchase Orders and record authorisations
- Record incoming purchase invoices and send out for authorisation
- Match purchase invoices to purchase orders
- Reconcile supplier statements to supplier ledger
- Assist in producing remittance advices once purchase invoices are paid
Processing of client account applications, including the necessary credit checks and acquisition of trade references
Carry out Bank reconciliation and associated postings
- Scan Purchase Invoices in to the systems
The raising and sending of client invoices
- Produce Aged debtors and creditors ledgers from accounting system, and report on anomalies
Processing of company expenses, credit card statements, and petty cash
- Ensure expense forms are authorised in line with processes and submit for payment
- Assist Finance Assistant with collecting and checking information for sales invoices
- Produce secured business reports from CRM and match to supplier confirmations
- General administration duties as required by team
- Confidence in building strong working relationships at all levels and in discussing financial issues
- Knowledge/Experience in double entry
- Credit control experience a benefit, but not essential
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Good numeracy skills
- Professional and enthusiastic approach, well presented and business like
- Able to get on with others and be a team player
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workloads and a good eye for detail
Confidence in using IT systems, in particular Microsoft Excel and Word
Experience of Sage Line 50 or Microsoft Dynamics is beneficial but not essential
- To provide support to colleagues across the Company.
- To adhere to and support the Company's Charters.
- To carry out any other duties as may be required.