Candidates must have SC Clearance or at least be SC Clearable!
Who you'll be working with:
You will be joining the Platform Engineering group part of the wider 450-people strong Digital Delivery Group working on exciting UK public sector customer projects.
The focus of your role
You will work closely with project teams on a variety of projects, some of them concurrent, taking a lead role in the network discovery, design and implementation, from receipt of initial customer proposals through design and concluding with successful implementation of the agreed network change.
What you'll do
- Solve problems for large, corporate clients in multiple sectors, working in cross-discipline, agile and distributed teams
- Work as a member of a wider team embracing our company values, policies and guidelines
- Provide network integration consultancy to our other teams
- Undertake network designs and/or provide network design consultancy
- Validate network project requirements to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Acting as an escalation point for network technical risks and issues
- Deliver under significant pressure and to meet challenging deadlines
What you'll bring
- Good working knowledge of all Cisco hardware; switches, routers and load-balancers, CCNP,CCDP
- Good working knowledge of firewalls, particularly Nokia VSX, Checkpoint, Sidewinder F5 BigIPs
- You will be highly motivated, self-starter and able to manage your agreed project work with little day to day detailed direction
- Use of MS Visio for creation of design documents
- Excellent interpersonal and team communication skills, you will be able to work to highly professional standards in client facing environments
- SC clearance or willing to undertake SC clearance
- Keen to stay up to date, learn, expand knowledge into SDN and infrastructure automation activities
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It's all on offer here. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.