Senior Test Engineer DVP
My client, one of the most prestigious luxury OEMs in the world, requires a senior test engineer to join its special vehicle projects division. The Senior Test Engineer will be responsible for a high value test vehicle and lead a small team that will execute the engineering DVP activity with a key focus on this high profile test vehicle.
The role will involve domestic and overseas test activity and will require an applicant who is a self-starter and has relevant whole car knowledge and experience in Vehicle Testing or Motorsport.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead Vehicle Test Activity & small team of technicians to ensure test vehicle is safe & fit for testing.
- Management of Vehicle DVP to ensure efficient & timely completion of Vehicle and Rig Test activity.
- Management of Vehicle Preparation, Updates & Specification, both Hardware & Software.
- Coordination of team/vehicle logistics and test parts/consumables.
- Manage Instrumentation & data logging, to ensure quality of data, storage & access.
- Report out of Vehicle DVP status in support of DVP lead Engineer & Vehicle DVP team.
- Responsible for tracking & reporting of all vehicle test activity and component changes.
- Ensure concerns are raised on relevant test issues and track progress through to closure.
- Communication of vehicle issues & updates to other test teams or test vehicle users.
- Support prototype builds and Instrumentation installation to ensure prototypes are fit for purpose.
- Be prepared to support testing outside of core hours & shift working if required.
- Carryout development testing when required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High level of vehicle testing experience with applicable driver trained licence and permits for test locations.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity of European Automotive test facilities.
- Engineering Degree (or extensive equivalent experience).
- Hands on workshop experience desirable.
- In depth knowledge of instrumentation activities.
- Excellent organisational skills both of self and others. Able to manage and prioritise multiple conflicting demands on time as well as the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good level of verbal and written communication.
- Strong MS Office Skills including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to integrate quickly into a dynamic and successful department.
- Highly motivated and self-starting. Happy to work under minimal supervision.
- Punctual, professional attitude as well as being prepared to take hands on tasks with a committed to getting the job done against adversity.
Contract and Permanent positions available