Paris or Stoke-on-Trent
Up to GBP35,000
Highfield Professional Solutions are pleased to be representing a market leading Water Technology Company, who are looking to add to their team of engineers.
The SSP technical department maintains and develops its catalogue of units and products. From the design to the after-sale, engineers are involved in every step of the projects.
Responsibilities will include;
Area 1 - Standard Products development
- Design and Development Stage (on C&I aspects)
- Prioritise technical evolution and marketing needs
- Design and develop the required improvements or new product ranges
- Write automation documents including source code
- Keep the electrical and C&I Bill of Materials up-to-date
- Liaise with the suppliers and the sub-contractors to keep reliable and cost effective products
- Research new technologies
Design and Production Stage For all of the existing products, the main tasks are:
- To ensure the electrical and manufacturing drawings are up-to- date
- To ensure the units comply with the latest relevant Standards and Health and Safety Standards
- To improve the functionality and the efficiency of the system
- Research new technologies to upgrade the existing products
Area 2 - Specific Products, modified standards or tailor made
Quotation Stage The main tasks are:
- Price the development of the control and instrumentation for the contract
- Issue accurate Bill of Material of the instrumentation for the contract
Designing and Production Stage The C&I engineer creates and/or updates:
- The PLC software and HMI layout, by using simple, reliable and user-friendly solutions
- The electrical and manufacturing drawings, to ensure a smooth and quick production
- Perform automation modification and assist when needed on FAT
- The Documentation related to the product (manual users, design specifications)
- All of this work must be done within the time scale, and according to the client specifications.
Area 3 - Technical Support
Provide a technical support, on all the SSP products to:
- All the clients BU throughout the world
- All the Manufacturing Units of SSP
- Language: English with basic French or German or Spanish or Chinese (we manage Manufacturing Units in different countries).
- An educational background in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in control and instrumentation packages: Simatic Manager, WinCCFlexible, TIA Portal, RSLogix5000 , Codesys language and Schneider PLC would be desirable.
- Programming Languages: Structured Text.
- Knowledge in Microcontrollers programming.
- Ability to programme on Schneider PLCs would be desirable.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be an effective member of a small project team.
- A high degree of flexibility is required to ensure project targets are met.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- An ability to document work accurately to meet the requirements of the quality procedures.
- Security and confidentiality is a vital part of development work and the position is subject to the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within the company this may include external training as required for the role.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme
And also.....Private Medical Insurance, Group Income Protection, Dental Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Travel Insurance, Health Screening, Health Cash Plan, Shopping discounts and much more. (*Benefits are based on probation and length of service)
If you wish to be considered for this role please call Adam on or email