Specialist 1-2-1 Study Skills Tutor- Coventry
Due to the increase in demand in the Coventry area, we are looking for qualified Study Skills Tutors for students with specific learning difficulties. The ideal Study Skills Tutor will have the ability to support, motivate and encourage students to develop and achieve their full potential. We generally work with students who are studying at higher education establishment so experience within colleges and universities is desirable. The successful Study Skills Tutor will have the ability to adapt their support to the needs and learning styles of each student.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide one to one study skills tuition to students to enable them to develop independent learning strategies.
• Provide tailored sessions for each student which are adapted to the needs of the individual student.
• A flexible approach to working hours is required.
• Manage paperwork effectively, i.e. completing time sheets and records of sessions for each student
• You will be expected to carry out your duties in a professional manner, this includes adhering to our policies regarding confidentiality and safeguarding.
Skills and experience
• Assess learner's needs and devise an appropriate Individual Learning Plan
• Understands the needs, objectives and constraints of others.
• Hold a membership to one of the below Professional Bodies;
• PATOSS (full or associate membership)
• BDA (full professional membership)
• ADSHE (professional membership)
• Dyslexia Guild (member, associate or fellow membership)
Birmingham and surrounding areas.