Our client, Engineering Technology Group (ETG), brings together the strengths of the world's most advanced manufacturers of high technology machine tools, automation and workholding systems to deliver highly productive metal cutting solutions.
Established around a long standing relationship with Chiron werke, Nakamura Tome, Bavis, Stama, Bridgeport Hardinge, Quaser and Halter, ETG is a single source machine tool and systems supplier.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Engineer to join their team. This role will carry out all Service and breakdown requests in a timely and professional manner and to respond to customer requirements both quickly and effectively. The job holder must display excellent customer care at all times and positively represent the ETG brand whilst working at any customer location.
Key aspects of the role include:
- To respond positively to work requests from the Service Desk.
- To complete all relevant paperwork associated with the role and return it to the Service Desk on a daily basis.
- To install, service or repair machines in an effective and timely manner.
- To report any issues to the office when they occur.
- To notify the office when any parts need collecting.
- Before leaving site, to ensure the machine is running correctly in production.
- To notify the office when job is complete.
- To familiarise yourself and to adhere to specific rules and regulations when working at any customer site, including matters of health and safety.
- Any other duties that may be required of you from time to time.
Knowledge skills and experience required:
- Ability to correctly install, service and repair CNC machines.
- Ability to fault find, diagnose and correct errors as identified on CNC machine tools.
- Ability to assemble, set-up and dismantle hydraulic, pneumatic and large mechanical assembles.
- Ability to work on their own initiative and problem solve.
- Previous experience of working in a Service Environment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
How do you apply?
Email a copy of your CV with a cover letter or by post to: MPCG HR & Recruitment Limited, IC1, Keele University Science & Innovation Park, Keele, Staffordshire, ST5 5NB
In the event of there being a high number of applications, MPCG reserve the right to close the advert impromptu. It is recommended therefore that you submit your CV as soon as possible.