A Toolmaker job opportunity has just become available, within a well-established manufacturing business, located within the Coventry area. Following a large amount of business growth, this company is looking to expand their Tool room team and offer a starting salary of up to GBP34,000 (negotiable) for the right Engineering professional.
Overview of the Toolmaker position -
The repair > maintenance > improvement of all tooling dies, jigs, fixtures and fittings.
Toolmaker position requires -
- Develop, build, maintain and repair new press tools.
- Break-down and rebuild of tools for the maintenance, repairs and re-grind.
- Required to perform well within a team, organise your work load and have a good decision making skill level.
- Attend to breakdowns, identify faults and problem solve at the press, within minimal downtime.
- Identify and escalate any activity, that has the potential to cause harm and/or damage.
- Report any breakdown root causes, equipment faults and concerns to the relevant management.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard and adheres to all of the quality standard regulations.
- Ensure that company targets are met, in respect of quality of parts produced to customers.
- Support new tooling projects, from commissioning stages straight through to production.
- Record all relevant data, in relation to tooling on site and record within the Tool Room file.
- Be actively involved in 5S methodology/continuous improvement activities, to support the achievement of departmental and company targets.
- Ensure that all PPE is always available, correctly used and if problems arise, reported to management.
Desirables for this Toolmaker opportunity -
- Time served or apprentice trained Toolmaker.
- Conversant with the manufacture and servicing of progression tools.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ability to work to tight tolerances.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and hands on problem solver.
- Experience of working to tight production objectives.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing/continuous improvement process's/5S
Toolmaker position benefits -
- GBP34,000 salary (negotiable).
- Holiday package
- Pension Scheme.
- Annual pay review.
- Flexible working hours.
If you're interested in this position, please apply through this advert immediately.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.