AKA Case Management is about helping people live life to the full after injury. Through experience, skill and knowledge AKA Case Management have positively supported hundreds of people and families adjust, find purpose and enjoy life again after a life changing event.
Location: Worcester area
Company: AKA Case Management Ltd ()
Salary: GBP11.00 per hour (weekday rate) GBP 13.00 per hour (weekend day rate)
Hours: 20 hours a week (over 4 days) 11am-4pm approx.
We are looking for a dedicated, flexible and motivated individual, who has a positive outlook to work within our team. They will be required to support our client in her home within the Worcester area. You will be working with our client who enjoys horse riding, care of animals, socialising and is currently attending college part time. She requires an experienced support worker/rehabilitation assistant with knowledge of brain injury to empower her to achieve her goals. The candidate will need to be organised, and forward thinking, with plenty of initiative. The ability to undertake domestic and cookery tasks to a high standard, would also be desirable.
DUTIES: Your duties will include:
* Providing carry over of therapy programmes as directed by therapists to support development of independent living skills; integrating recommended strategies to improve quality of life.
* Providing a practical programme of support which ensures physical, social and emotional wellbeing of client in line with the therapeutic plan.
* Accompany client to social events and with engagement in leisure activities (please note these may be on evenings and weekends).
* Support to undertake cleaning and cooking duties within the home.
Qualifications: NVQ level 2
Experience: We particularly welcome applications from people with experience of working within the care setting, and brain injury.
* Excellent communication skills - client, family, therapists.
* Ability to develop therapeutic and professional working relationships.
* Ability to keep records in line with protocol.
* Ability to use initiative and work independently.
Benefits: AKA operate a bi-annual monitory reward scheme based on Key Performance Indicators. We also offer a robust and regular supervision and training policy for all our support workers and private pension scheme option.
Special Requirements: Car driver essential.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now.