GBPcompetitive salary and benefits
Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 + some out of hours calls
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Transport Supervisor to join a successful specialist transport business (fuel tankers) operating throughout the UK. This role will report to the Transport Manager at the site and will become part of a friendly, successful team. As Transport Supervisor, you will work with the Transport Manager to ensure that all services are delivered to a high standard in accordance with all customer requirements. You will:
- Plan and co-ordinate Driver training needs; Induction, PDP's, CPC, Defensive Driving etc
- Assist with investigations, disciplinaries and grievances
- Support driver resource planning - allocation of drivers and management of absence
- Deputise for Transport Manager as required
- Operational improvements, monitoring service KPI's
- Face to face interactions with drivers
- Suitable industry qualifications/ time served to demonstrate experience within the transport industry.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Business standard IT skills, including Excel
- Team Player
- Integrity, initiative and focus
- Good self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on your own and under pressure
- Well organised, with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
Training and support with continuous development will be available to the successful candidate.
MVP Supply Chain Recruitment has been placing Supply Chain, Logistics, Purchasing and Distribution professionals for over 30 years. For more information on MVP, or to view our current portfolio of vacancies, please visit our website.
MVP Supply Chain Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.