Job Title: Support Officer
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
Link2ICT has over 150 staff providing services to over 1,000 schools across the country, including all aspects of technical services, professional services and software development. Link2ICT occupies a niche in the ICT market, specialising in the deployment and usage of end to end ICT solutions within educational environments, covering learners of all ages from nursery through to adult education. Our aspiration is to use ICT to improve the achievement of all learners.
Support Officers are responsible for providing quality support services for school management and administration ICT systems, particularly SIMS software. SIMS is the primary Management information system used by supported schools and is critical in their day to day operation. SIMS includes modules that provide Financial Management, Pupil Assessment, Timetable/Resource Planning, Examination co-ordination and Pupil Attendance management.
The role is both reactive and pro-active. It involves dealing with queries and problem solving. The post holder will work as part of a team and, on occasion, will be involved in the evaluation and implementation of new modules in all SIMS supported schools.
- Help to promote Link2ICT services to increase the customer base and income levels.
- Ensure the provision of high quality SIMS Application advice and support services for all schools.
- Achieve targets relating to the quality of services delivered to schools.
- Keep abreast of developments of the SIMS software and DfE regulations.
- Mentor other staff and ensure they are appropriately trained to enable them to meet our service requirements.
- Ensure you work collectively with the team to deliver business plan targets.
- Is open and honest and involves the team in decision making.
- Has the ability to influence across all levels using a variety of styles.
- To have a working knowledge and understanding of SIMS software.
- To have knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, to support schools use of SIMS reporting.
- Maintain an awareness of the services and technological developments and advise customers (and or partners) accordingly.
- Ensure effective communication with schools, including contributing articles for termly News Bulletins.
- Deliver training on a one to one basis as required to a wide range of ability levels.
- Ensure appropriate communication with customers and users where there are problems with, or changes to the delivery of their ICT services.
Organisation and planning
- Complete day to day tasks within specified time as well as prioritising own workload.
- Plan and manage the service's workload to ensure the most responsive and efficient use of the available resources.
- Assist with the process of analysing the training needs for staff in schools.
- Such other duties as may arise in connection with the activities mentioned above.
- Proven experience in a related role
- Working knowledge of SIMS core modules
- Proven ability to successfully motivate self and others
- Committed to customer focused service delivery
- Clear written and oral communication skills for any audience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Committed to working flexibility to cover the duties of the service
- Ability to build successful customer and supplier relationships
- Professional approach with a positive attitude to delivering high quality work
- Awareness of relevant legislation, statutory obligations and national ICT Strategies relating to educational establishments
- Experience of SIMS specialist modules
- Knowledge of SQL software
- Current and clean full driving licence and use of a car.
- The successful applicant will require security clearance (i.e. DBS checked).
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.