IT Procurement Manager
An interesting and exciting opportunity to join a recently established B2B business within the Utilities industry.
As part of an ambitious change programme, they are looking to employ an IT Procurement Manager who will help change and revolutionise their IT Systems and ultimately improve their end customer experience. The role will also focus on ensuring there are strong and innovative partnerships in place with IT suppliers in order to keep abreast of changing technology.
As a commercially minded IT Procurement Manager, you will manage the IT supplier portfolio, managing performance and relationships with existing suppliers, benchmarking costs, and creating and maintaining category plans, including sourcing the market, identifying and promoting new innovation alongside the Head of IT.
You must be able to generate ideas and make them happen and not only ensure that our client complies with their procurement processes but add value to the IT and Operational teams by working side by side on a daily basis to deliver best value.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, you will also have day to day involvement with the Head of IT and also the Chief Operating Officer.
- Experience in various aspects of IT Procurement and contract management from supplier management and tendering through to negotiations and on-going contract management
- Experience in managing software and hardware along with IT support contracts, including use and understanding of Microsoft agreements
- Strong knowledge of IT Procurement
- Experience in working across the Procurement cycle from pre-tendering activity right through to day to day contract management
- Extensive experience in strategic sourcing (including use of e.g. spend analytics, benchmarking) to deliver bottom-line impact