Health and Wellbeing Coach
Due to the success and growth of the National Diabetes Prevention Programme (NDPP) we are seeking Health & Wellbeing Coaches to join our established team in Herefordshire.
We are currently seeking Health & Wellbeing Coaches from nutrition and/or fitness backgrounds to deliver the NDPP which is an NHS England commissioned programme comprising of physical activity, weight management and dietary components underpinned by behaviour change techniques.
- Conduct the Initial Assessment with the service user, take clinical and non-clinical measurements including validated questionnaires, height and weight, and POCT (finger prick and venous blood samples) for HbA1C (training will be provided)
- Deliver group sessions ensuring fidelity to the programme curriculum content to enable and encourage service users to change their behaviour and improve overall health
- Deliver group physical activity sessions
- Conduct 1 to 1 review sessions with the service user at regular intervals
- Maintain data monitoring records for all service users within your caseload in a timely and accurate manner
- Support the service user engagement strategy to ensure adherence to the programme and minimise drop-outs
- Where required, conduct risk assessments on potential delivery venues
- Where required, deliver engagement events to generate interest in the programme for potential service users and stakeholders
- Liaise with Service Users, Service Manager, NDPP Relationship Manager, Operations Manager, Head of Service Development and key stakeholders
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Nutrition (or the equivalent), Sports, Exercise Science (or the equivalent)
- It would be advantage to have a fitness qualification, REPS Level 3 and/or exercise by referral qualification coupled with experience of delivering to groups of adults
- Candidates who have previously worked as Health Trainer or in a similar role will also be considered
- Previous experience of presenting information in a confident, engaging and interactive manner to groups of adults
- You will have a passion for health improvement and supporting individuals to achieve a healthier lifestyle
- A caring, empathetic attitude with the ability to use your own initiative
- Access to your own vehicle is essential as you will be transporting programme delivery equipment and expected to travel in your local area in order to deliver the NDPP sessions
Why ICS Health & Wellbeing?
- You will receive comprehensive training via a programme involving individual and group training sessions
- Ongoing support from Senior Coaches, your local Operation team which includes regular assessment and development
- All equipment is provided, including a tablet to maintain contact with your team and assist with the delivery of the NDPP sessions
- ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years.
- We offer a wide range of company benefits including a pension scheme and 25 days holiday (pro-rata).
Part-time, day time, evening and Saturdays available
£15 per hour for group sessions and £12.50 per hour for one to one sessions