Our client are an innovative heritage brand specialising in the production and delivery of cooking appliances, interior furnishings and accessories. Priding themselves on their commitment to manufacturing here within the UK, our client has become synonymous with authenticity, quality and style.
As they continue to expand into the international market place, our client are currently seeking a Maintenance facilitator to join their production facility
To work within the framework of Maintenance activities required. To ensure the routine and planned maintenance of plant and machinery, the ordering of spare parts as required. Competencies required in the role would be the understanding, recognising and reading of electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, and be computer literate. To provide technical back up to the Maintenance and Toolroom teams.
- Needs to be innovative and take responsibility of driving the team forward.
- Have the ability to develop others within the Maintenance team.
- Capable of deputising for the Process Manager
- Be familiar with a factory environment.
- The planning/supervision/organising of the team on a day to day basis through planned routines, projects and unplanned breakdowns of plant and machinery.
- Be capable of resolving issues conducive to positive employee relations in pursuit of fair and consistent standards throughout the team/process, counselling team members where appropriate.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection and training of new team members.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of and follow all relevant Health & Safety guide lines appropriate to the area including risk assessments, C.O.S.H.H. assessments, S.W.P., Company policies and any other legislative requirements.
- Be fully conversant with and maintain compliance with ISO9001, 14001 and 18001.
- Any other duties that ensures the minimisation of factory stoppages.
- Liaise with external service engineers/parties etc.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Needs to be technically competent in electrical and mechanical activities.
- Needs to be a good communicator.
- Needs to be able to plan and organise within timescales and budget.
- Needs to work well within the team and also the ability to work outside of the maintenance environment.
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 7.30am to 16.30pm and Friday 7.30am to 12.30pm but flexibility is needed to deal with emergency breakdowns, covering absence etc.