Mechanical Development Engineer
Mechanical Development Engineer - Diesel Engines
An exciting position has arisen with a world leading vehicle manufacturer for a Senior Mechanical Development Engineer to join their successful engine development team. Due to an increasing engine programme our client is looking to attract development engineers with diesel engine experience.
East Midlands - Commutable from Derby, Burton upon Trent, Nottingham, Stafford, Stoke on Trent, Loughborough, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock
££Competitive Salary + Benefits
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Strong hands-on engineering background is essential.
- As is, a degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Our ideal candidate will have a broad, general knowledge of diesel/gasoline/gas engines along with aftertreatment systems and applications.
- Additional experience in any of the following is advantageous: major castings; power conversion; lubrication systems; cooling systems; CCV systems; valve train; air path; rotating electrics; front end accessory drive (FEAD); NVH; strain gauge measurement.
- You will be familiar with test cells and engine controls.
- The ability to conduct fault tree analysis, FMEA and practical problem solving.
- A passion for technology, keeping up to date with latest trends.
- A team player with first class communication skills.
The successful candidate will join a highly focused, passionate team at our client's state of the art engine research and development plant; your main duties would include:
- Developing and validating diesel engines to ensure product satisfaction.
- Meet all requirements for durability and fault-free performance.
- Develop and perform tests to evaluate and validate component and system performance.
- Be involved in the design of dynamometer and rig-based engine tests.
- Produce reports and present findings from data and post-test evaluation.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join a leading manufacturing company and become part of a highly successful and driven team. This role offers the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge of diesel engines, powertrain and aftertreatment through on the job training.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the Senior Mechanical Development Engineer - Diesel Engines job, please forward your CV to Kayleigh Bradley, Senior Recruiter at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Kayleigh directly for further details.
Kayleigh is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Gary and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don't delay, we're hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2866KB
Glen Callum Associates are a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the Jobzooma terms and conditions ******************************) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960513924