Socio Economics Specialist - Full Time/Part Time
The Exciting Opportunity:
If you ’re an experienced socio economics professional and ambitious to achieve your career potential, read on. Join one of our newly created workspaces in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Leeds, Croydon, Manchester or Warrington to focus on Socio Economics and we’ll make sure you get the experience and personalised learning support you need to take your career as far as you want it to go.
Overview of Role:
Reporting to the UK lead on socio economics within our Environmental Planning team, you will be responsible for undertaking socio economic assessments and regeneration studies, for projects ranging from major infrastructure schemes and large mixed use/ residential developments to community regeneration and heritage masterplans. You will liaise with clients and colleagues to prepare assessments and studies and be able to work independently preparing high quality reports.
As part of a growing and agile team you can be involved in some of the UK’s most complex, iconic and challenging projects that are diverse and technically demanding. These include major regeneration projects, garden cities and new towns, energy opportunities, infrastructure schemes, strategic land optimisation and community level feasibility studies and masterplans. Our team works in an integrated way on projects across the UK no matter where you are based.
- Technical delivery of socio economics aspects of projects;
- Managing budgets and programmes for your tasks;
- Provide advice to clients and other disciplines on socio economics
- Establish strong relationships with clients and project managers, planners, engineering designers and other environmental planning disciplines on a technical level
- Ensuring reports comply with guidance and best practice including DMRB and Five Case Business Models
- Help to promote the socio economics capability and achievements both internally and externally
- Support the socio economics lead with business development and responding to opportunities
What You have to Offer:
- A degree, or equivalent, in geography, planning, economics or a related discipline
- Chartered or working towards professional qualifications in planning, economics or related profession
- Experience in preparing socio economic assessments for Environmental Statements for infrastructure projects and developments
- Experience of advising on social and economic proposals and impacts as part of masterplans and feasibility studies
- Experience of working with colleagues to exercise sound technical judgement, and prepare high quality reports
- Experience in socio economics and regeneration, as well as an understanding of the planning process and EIA
- Ability to engage well with internal and external stakeholders
- Organisational skills - ability to organise work to meet deadlines
- Analytical skills – ability to work to a high level of accuracy and to produce a high standard of written work
- Technical capability and experience in economic forecasting and preparing business cases is desirable
Arcadis is the leading global natural and built asset design and consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of planning, design, consultancy, engineering and, project and management services. Arcadis differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate €2.5 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.
Arcadis UK now incorporates the Hyder and EC Harris brands.
What We Offer:
We offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
We offer a fantastic working environment and generous remuneration package where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, we offer some excellent benefits, such as:
Highly competitive salary
Matched Pension, up to 8%
Annual Leave, with option to purchase additional days
Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
Tax Free Season Ticket Loan
Flexible Benefits Scheme, including Cycle to Work
Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
Time out for charity work
Social opportunities and team bonding initiatives
Refer a Friend Scheme that rewards you for every successful introduction you make
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960509921