Senior Engineer - Cooling
I am currently looking for a Senior Engineer – Cooling to join a luxury automotive OEM.
We have a large number of new and exciting product programmes. Over the next few years several of these programmes run in parallel and incremental resource is required to support the aggressive launch plans. This role is to define the cooling system strategy and components for the next decade, covering both large and small pressure charged engines.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Working with the Cooling System Module Leader to determine cross platform cooling system strategy for all future product including:
- o Vehicle integration of cooling systems.
- o Base engine cooling, water and oil.
- o Inter-cooling, including air/air and air /water systems.
- o Transmission cooling.
- o Hybrid systems cooling.
- Define and specify, from first principles, cooling system/component specification.
- Lead/support Computer Aided Engineering investigations into system layout/selection.
- Support Cooling System Module Leader with technical expertise.
- Lead/support general Quality Cost Weight and Function activities for cooling systems
- Generate/present technical papers to support/drive programme and product decisions.
- Liaise with system engineers and suppliers to determine component and system requirements.
- Co-ordinate packaging schemes to meet component requirements and corporate standards.
- Produce information to support package reviews, including consideration from all affected areas including production (Design for Assembly), certification, environmental, service and logistics.
- Identify CAD requirements and check Model and 2D details to Aston Martin Lagonda drafting standards for release.
- Release components in time to meet Change Management Meeting dates for programme timing gateways.
- Support supplier selection, parts procurement for both prototype and production builds including Request for Information and Request for Quotation.
- Generate Bill of Material information.
- Lead Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and Design Verification Plan generation to including the setting of corporate test procedures/standards.
- Design should be optimised for component and system performance, strength, material selection and weight through experience, hand calculations and the use of analysis tools.
- Support the development of in house design test and development standards and procedures.
- Support component and vehicle development/validation through the use of Hot Environmental Testing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Recent experience of automotive OEM cooling, at component and system level, including specification, design and development.
- A flexible ability to work on multiple tasks to a tight timescale, accurately, without detailed supervision.
- Competent with MS Office.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960511961