Morson International is recruiting for a Procurement Manager working for a large Rail client based in Birmingham. You will be working closely with our Clients team, supporting the Procurement Lead and Head of Procurement to deliver the procurement activities of a procurement 'package', with each package value of over £500m+.
You will be responsible for delivery elements of the operational procurement and providing support for the delivery of the overall procurement, ensuring that these are aligned with other similar packages.
- Supporting the achievement of governance, approval and assurance of all procurement deliverables - this includes responsibility for developing key components of the necessary PQQ and ITT documentation prior to release of these documents.
- Supporting the management of the procurement evaluation processes for the relevant packages, to allow appropriate short-listing, selection and contract award.
- Ensure the client's procurement activities are undertaken in compliance with EU and UK legislation whilst driving a process that will become a benchmark for future projects around the world.
These roles entail advising and supporting colleagues, reporting and presenting to Client's Management team and maintaining up to date data and project information.
- Qualified to degree (or similar) level in relevant subject
- MCIPS or MRICS / FRICS (or equivalent), or currently studying towards accreditation
Experience and Skills
- Track record in Tier 1 and 2 procurement, and of utilising different procurement routes.
- Procuring large value complex heavy civils / construction / systems or similar works/services in compliance with the Utilities Contracts Regulations with a thorough knowledge of applicable EU and UK procurement legislation and contracts using the NEC suite of contract forms
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960517032