We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join a large, well-established premium shopfitting and interior fit out company based in the Midlands. Striving to be best shopfitters in the industry, our client have been established for over 20 years and have an excellent client base of leading names within the retail industry. They now require another QS to join the Commerical Department due to continued success.
The most suitable QS will be expected to have experience of estimating on projects valued from circa £150K to £1million as there will be some estimating duties incorporated into the role. Duties associated with the role will include, but not be limited to, analysing tenders & job specifications, compiling estimates for projects/tenders, negotiating with sub-contract trades to ensure best cost value, monitoring costs, and calculating final accounts. Other duties will be discussed as required.
It is envisaged that the successful QS will have a relevant degree, or equivalent, and previous experience in a similar role - working as a QS or Estiamtor for a shop fitting or fit out company. Due to the nature of the role, excellent communcation skills, both written and verbal, will be required as will strong numerical skills. A solid understanding of contract and H&S legislation will also be important.
Quantity Surveyor Position Overview
- Analyse tenders and job specifications to ensure all required information for calculating costs is included. Communicate with clients, architects, consultants and/or contracts team for clarification as required.
- Compile estimates for projects/tenders as per agreed format.
- Calculate final figures for the estimated cost, supplemented by adjustments for overheads and profit, presenting a tender price.
- Carry out negotiations with sub-contract trades to ensure best cost value.
- Produce accurate tender analysis for joinery/ production elements when required.
- Produce all cost information, sub-contract quotations, labour analysis for handover to the Contracts Manager.
- Monitor costs through the use of computers to improve the accuracy of future pricing.
Quantity Surveyor Position Requirements
- Relevant degree, or equivalent
- Previous experience working as a QS for a shop fitting / fit out company
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numerical skills
- Solid understanding of contract law
Quantity Surveyor Position Remuneration
- Salary: Competitive, DOE
- Competitive holiday allowance + BH
- Car or car allowance
- Phone / IPad / Laptop
- Other company benefits to be discussed as required
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.